The 6th Annual Festival of Genomics and Biodata is BACK! Join us for 4 jam-packed days of Genomics content and celebration from 26th – 29th January 2021!
We’re looking forward to welcoming the genomics community to the world’s most exciting genomics and biodata event! Plus, now we’re going online, the2021 Festival will open its doors to a truly global audience of 5,000+ attendees!
Whether you’re looking for enlightening talks, entertaining world-class speakers or broadening your network – we’ve got you covered.
Here are some of the 2021 highlights at-a-glance:
- On day 1, we’re starting as we mean to go on with keynote talks from Dame Sue Hill, CSO, NHS England and Eric Green, Director, National Human Genome Research Institute.
- We’ll be diving into breakthroughs inCOVID-19 clinical research and a panel discussion on the UK’s response to the pandemic lead by Genomics England and the UK Biobank
- Ting Wu, Professor, Wyss Institute at Harvard Medical School will be taking us through her lab’s outstanding advancements and ground-breaking approach with in situ sequencing
- We have more biodata talks than ever before! We have streams of talks on Advancing Genome Data Analysis, Healthcare data and managing Biodata.
- Heidi Rehm, Chief Genomics Officer, Massachusetts General Hospital will be delivering a keynote speech about advancing medicine through data sharing and collaboration on a global scale
- We’ll also be hearing from Eric Topol, Director & Founder, Scripps Research Translational Institute, Sir John Bell, Regius Professor of Medicine, University of Oxford.
- We’ll be taking you down the Rabbit Hole and digging into the applications of genomic technologies and food, looking at the genome-wide engineering of pathogens using synthetic genomics and we’ll also be exploring space with NASA!
The Festival is more than a bunch of (amazing) talks and speakers. We’re working on developing an incredible event experience for Festival attendees.
Here’s a preview of some of what’s going on:
- “Talkaoke:” The ‘Flying Saucer of Chat’ goes digital, with themed discussions and engaging, free-flowing conversations in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Networking Lounge: A space to hang out with other attendees, join themed discussions and dive into speed networking sessions.
- Poster Sessions: Browse the latest ground-breaking research with handpicked posters from Festival attendees.
- Mastermind Groups: Running parallel to the agenda, these discussion-led sessions will emerge you into some of the most exciting topic areas in genomics and biodata.
- Start-Up Zone: Have a cool idea for a genomics/biodata-related business? Or already running a start-up? Meet likeminded entrepreneurs, investors and advisors in a focused day of talks, discussion and networking.
- Live Lounge Sessions: A series of short, concise technical presentations from some of the most innovative companies in the field.
- Young Scientist Sessions: The next generation are about to take on the next set of challenges in genomics. Find out how during these short presentation sessions.
- The Festival at Night: In development, but we have some exciting things planned. More to follow!
The Festival of Genomics & Biodata is free to attend for 90% of attendees. For more information and to see if you’re eligible for a free ticket please visit the Festival website.