After 6 years the world’s largest Genomics and Biodata event is returning to Boston!
That’s right, it’s been 6 years since the Festival of Genomics and Biodata was last in Boston. Returning on Wednesday 4th – Thursday 5th October 2023 at the Boston Convention and Expo Center (BCEC), the Festival is sure to be the most interesting, fun and vibrant event you’ll attend in 2023!
The Festival of Genomics and Biodata is an incredible celebration of all things genomics and biodata! Over two days, expect 7 theatres of content, over 150 speakers, a vibrant exhibition floor and loads of networking opportunities. The Festival is also free for most people to attend.
Here’s a sneak peak of what’s in store:
- This year’s agenda will cover genomic medicine, advanced genomic technologies, AI, biodata, cancer genomics, drug discovery and development, liquid biopsy, multi-omics, single-cell and spatial analysis, polygenic risk scores, pharmacogenomics and much more.
- Talkaoke (“the flying saucer of chat”) – Sit down and debate with others about any topic you choose or take part in one of our themed discussions.
- Round Table Discussions – An opportunity to dig deep, discuss your own ideas or gather intelligence and overcome challenges with thought leaders in your area.
- Speed Networking – Quickly connect with like-minded attendees with similar priorities to your own or expand your network and interact with people that you wouldn’t usually meet.
- Poster Zone – View the new and exciting research on display. An excellent opportunity to discover novel findings, network with your peers and forge new collaborations.
- The Great Debate – Expert speakers will discuss challenges and ethically important decision in genomics with audience participation.
- Tree of Life Café – The central meeting place to grab a snack, lunch, hot or cold drink and relax with other attendees around communal tables.
- Start-Up Zone – Meet innovative start-up companies offering something new to the genomics community.
- Career Zone – Looking to hire or looking for your next career move? Place your job vacancies here or find a new opportunity.
- Chill Out and Re-Charge Zone – Away from the hustle and bustle of the main festival, these zones will help you relax and catch-up using the free Wi-Fi.
- The Festival at Night – taking place on the evening of Day 1, an opportunity to network, enjoy a drink with other attendees and be entertained.
Here’s a sneak peak of some of the incredible speakers we have lined up for you:
- George Church, Professor, Harvard Medical School
- Craig Venter, Founder, Chairman, and CEO, J. Craig Venter Institute
- Karen Miga, Assistant Professor, UCSC & Associate Director, UC Santa Cruz Genomics Institute
- Eimear Kenny, Director of the Institute of Genomic Health, Icahn School of Medicine, Mount Sinai
- Euan Ashley, Associate Dean, School of Medicine, & Professor of Genomics and Precision Health, Stanford University
- Assieh Saadatpour, Associate Director, Biomarker Analytics, Pharmaceutical Data Sciences, Lung Cancer Initiative, Johnson & Johnson
- Marilyn Li, Vice Chief of the Division of Genomic Diagnostics and Director of Cancer Genomic Diagnostics, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Chris Wigley, CEO, Genomics England
- Shrividya Iyer, Executive Director, Oncology Worldwide and RWE US HEOR, Eisai
- Jennifer Hall, Chief of Data Science, Co-Director of the Institute for Precision Cardiovascular Medicine, American Heart Association
- Bradley Malin, Co-Director, Health Data Science Centre, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Shameer Khader, Executive Director, Sanofi
This is just a taste of what is planned – register for your ticket now to avoid missing out on what promises to be an incredible event! For more information and to see if you’re eligible for a free ticket, visit the Festival website.