Mark your calendars, because the UK’s largest genomics event is back on home turf and returning to London in January 2024!
After the triumphant return of the in-person Festival of Genomics & Biodata to London in January and Boston, MA earlier this month, we are excited to share that for next year’s Festival, we have taken a larger than ever space at ExCeL in London on Wednesday 24th and Thursday 25th January 2024.
The 9th annual Festival of Genomics & Biodata in London promises to be bigger, better and more vibrant than ever before. With more than 5,000 registrants, 250 inspirational speakers and 12 theatres of content, it’s not one to miss!
- Free for over 90% of attendees.
- Over 250 expert speakers – more than ever before at an in-person Festival
- A bigger venue with 12 theatres of content (in January 2023 there were 8)
- A vibrant exhibition floor with more than 150 exhibitors.
- General and themed networking Speed Networking sessions.
- Share your research with thousands of attendees in the Poster Zone.
- Engage in themed or free-flowing discussions at Talkaoke (AKA “the glowing donut of chat.”)
- Relax and recharge at the Tree of Life Café
- Participate in themed Roundtable Discussions.
- A drinks reception followed by The Festival at Night featuring live music and entertainment – we all know the real networking goes on after hours!
More Mystery Speakers
Following the last Festival’s unveiling of a mystery speaker, 2024’s edition is proud to announce not one, but two mystery speakers who are set to take to the stage. As the legacy of our past mystery speaker Professor Brian Cox CBE continues, the excitement and anticipation of our 2 mystery speakers for 2024 only grows!
Returning Festival Favourites
As the annual get-together for the entire genomics and biodata community, we are thrilled to welcome back speakers from previous UK and USA Festivals, as well as some entirely new faces!
- J. Craig Venter, Founder, Chairman & CEO, J. Craig Venter Institute
- Sue Hill, Chief Scientific Officer, NHS England
- Ewan Birney, Deputy Director General, EMBL, & Director, EMBL-EBI
- Sir Mark Caulfield, Professor of Clinical Pharmacology & Vice Principal for Health, Queen Mary University of London Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry
- Clare Turnbull, Professor of Translational Cancer Genetics, Institute of Cancer Research
- Raghib Ali, Chief Medical Officer, Our Future Health
- Dame Lyn Chitty, Professor of Genetics and Fetal Medicine, University College London
- Mike Hubank, Scientific Director of the NHS England North London Genomic Laboratory Hub, NHS England
Plus, back by popular demand, the Festival unites four experts from the devolved nations to discuss genomics in the Panel Discussion “Life Sciences in the UK – From Strength to Strength”:
- Rob Orford, Chief Scientific Adviser for Health, Welsh Government
- Lucy Chappell, Chief Scientific Adviser, The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC)
- Dame Anna Dominiczak, Chief Scientist (Health), Scottish Government
- Ian Young, Chief Scientific Adviser, Department of Health, Northern Ireland
And Fresh New Faces!
We’re continuously seeking innovative individuals to share their expertise at the Festival, and we are excited to reveal just a few of our new speakers. Check out the Festival speaker page to see the first 120 confirmed speakers. Stay tuned, as many others are set to be unveiled before the big day!
- Sir Munir Pirmohamed, Professor of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Liverpool
- Robert Kitchen, Head of Systems Biology and Target Discovery, Novo Nordisk
- Lord David Prior, Global Senior Advisor, Lazard
- Marko Balabanovic, Chief Technology Officer, Our Future Health
- Josefina Campos, Senior Advisor, International Pandemic Surveillance Network, World Health Organisation
- Magda Meissner, Liquid Biopsy Lead, All Wales Medical Genomic Services
- Anna David, Professor and Consultant in Obstetrics and Maternal Fetal Medicine, University College London Hospitals
More Topics Than Ever
This year, the Festival is expanding its horizons, spanning a wide range of new and pressing topics, including:
- RNA Therapeutics
- Gene Editing & CRISPR
- Antimicrobial Resistance
We’re also covering your favourite topics from previous Festivals including:
- Advancing Genomics in Clinical Practice
- Artificial Intelligence
- Cancer Genomics
- Gene Editing
- Drug Discovery & Development
- Liquid Biopsy
- Mental Health
- Newborn Sequencing
- Precision Medicine
- Rare Diseases
- Sequencing Landscape & Technologies
- Single-Cell & Spatial Genomics
- Women’s Health
Well, What Are You Waiting For?
Join thousands of other registrants at the UK’s largest genomics event at ExCeL London on 24th and 25th January 2024!
For further information and to see if you’re eligible for a free ticket, please visit the London 2024 Festival website.
Make sure you never miss a Festival announcement by following our socials below.