Starting Salary: £30-35,000 (depending on experience) plus OTE £10,000+ commission (uncapped).
Role available from February 1st 2021
An exciting role has become available for an experienced (at least one year) conference/digital event producer with a life sciences degree. You will join a small, growing team who are passionate about genomics and its positive impact on patients.
You will create cutting edge webinars, events and content for the genomics/biodata community. You will research exciting, complex scientific concepts with researchers, clinicians, scientists and business-people within the genomics/biodata communities. You will then re-interpret that research to build agendas, recruit speakers, write copy, guide marketing and sales teams, as well as support the deliver of the events themselves.
You will work on the UK’s largest genomics event (5000+ people, with realistic ambitions to become the world’s largest), as well as digital products (e.g. webinars), other smaller conferences and meet-ups. You will also build and execute on a content strategy, crafting articles, interviews and blog posts on our website.
We’re looking for someone with ambition, a love of life sciences, an interest in genomics and a flair for writing. You will also have a natural curiosity, love speaking to people within the scientific community and an interest in scientific communications.
We are a socially driven business, so you will probably also be looking for a role with real purpose and – ultimately – to have a genuine impact on the lives of patients. Some of you will be tired of the corporate life, looking for much more ‘meaning’ in your role and are seeking for your good ideas to finally be heard and implemented.
You will be contacting people within the genomics community by phone and in-person (when real life resumes) to research all of the above. You are the kind of person who thrives in conversation, and loves meeting new people and developing professional relationships as part of your role.
You will love being part of a close-knit team, be open and flexible to new ideas and approaches, have an active desire to share your ideas, and – while you prioritize social impact – you still value commercial success.
To be successful you will require the following:
- A good life sciences degree from a reputable university. This is a MUST (with the emphasis on life sciences). We will not process applications without this.
- At least one year of experience as a conference producer, or similar.
- Experience writing engaging scientific content.
- To be comfortable in a market-facing role, regularly speaking to people within the genomics and biodata community.
- A solid understanding of, and interest in, genomics and it’s impact on society.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
We will offer you:
- The opportunity to work in a friendly, fast paced social business with a focus on our social mission: to deliver the benefit of genomics to patients faster.
- Exceptional training and coaching programs.
- A supportive, rewarding environment where every opinion matters.
- Exceptional salary and career opportunities.
- The ability to work from home/remotely 90% of the time, even after normal life resumes (we also have a permanent office that you can choose to work in, based in Bermondsey, London).
Why choose us?
- We are a social business. Our core motivation is social impact, not profit.
- But… we do want to make money and support team members in their life goals, and offer a competitive starting salary and unparallelled salary progression opportunities for successful team members.
- Your voice will count and many of your ideas will be implemented. Healthy disagreement and being open to new approaches is core to our culture.
- We are a true meritocracy. You can massively accelerate your career and earnings by having your ideas translate into financial and social impact.
- We have a resilient business model, having embraced digitization, and have grown and remained profitable during the pandemic.
- Our culture is our strength. We are warm, friendly, extremely committed, and want to hear everyone’s opinion to get the best outcome.
HOW TO APPLY: Send a covering letter and CV, addressed to Rich Lumb at email@example.com. Please emphasize/demonstrate your interest in life sciences as part of your application.