The UK is widely recognised as a global leader in embedding genomics in healthcare, yet challenges remain in rolling out genomics in a clinical setting.
Join us for our latest webinar series: Advances In Clinical Genomics ONLINE to explore the rollout of genomics in a clinical setting and discover how challenges are being overcome to ensure the futureproofing of the genomic medicine service.
Please note, that by registering for one webinar in the series, you will automatically gain access to all subsequent webinars.
This webinar series is CPD accredited.
– – – – –
Thursday 9th February 2023 at 3pm GMT/ 4pm CEST / 10am EST
This webinar will cover some of the technologies that are driving the genomic healthcare revolution. It will look at the strengths and weaknesses of these technologies in practice and what they can and can’t tell us about disease in a clinical context.
- Genomic Technologies In The Identification And Management Of Inherited Cancer Risk
- Katie Snape, Joint Lead Consultant for Cancer Genetics, St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Genomic Testing In Cancer: Experiences Of An NHS Diagnostic Laboratory In Delivering For Patients And Navigating Strategies For The Future
- Sally Spillane, Head of Cancer Genomics, All Wales Medical Genomics Service
– – – – –
Thursday 16th February 2023 at 3pm GMT/ 4pm CEST / 10am EST
In this webinar, the speakers will discuss how genomics can be leveraged effectively to improve cancer care.
- Utility Of Genomic Testing In Cancer
- George Burghel, Consultant Clinical Scientist – Deputy Lead of Cancer Genomics, Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust, North West Genomic Laboratory Hub
- The Art Of Genomic Winnowing: Automation Of Somatic Driver Annotation To Increase Throughput And Enhance Patient Access To Complex Genomic Analysis
- Philip Beer, Chair, BIVDA Genomics Working Group
- How Genomics Can Help The Haematologist
- Angela Hamblin, Clinical Lead of Haematological Oncology, NHS Central and South Genomic Laboratory Hub
– – – – –
Thursday 23rd February 2023 at 3pm GMT/ 4pm CEST / 10am EST
In this webinar, we will explore how genomic medicine is expanding and the challenges in implementing different applications of genomics in clinical practice.
- Thinking Beyond The Scope And The Dawn Of Genomic Medicine
- Julian Barwell, Consultant Clinical Geneticist, East Genomics
- Genomics: Future Directions In Cancer And Its Practical Applications In The NHS
- Nirupa Murugaesu, Consultant in Medical Oncology, St George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, and Clinical Lead for Molecular Oncology, Genomics England
- Rollout Of Pharmacogenomics Testing In Wales
- Aine Moyett, Genomics Trainee Clinical Scientist, All Wales Medical Genomics Service
– – – – –